Clogged pores is a more serious issue than you would imagine. Unclogged pores mean clear and healthy skin, free from blackheads and acne. Read on to know how you can keep your face and nose pores clear, with these home remedies.
Your skin gets exposed to dust and dirt every day. Add to that regular oil secretion, and discarded dead skin cells, and you have a disastrous recipe for clogged pores. Washing your face daily is of course the best way to keep your skin fresh and clean. But simply cleaning isn’t enough to unclog pores. What you need is deeper cleansing and regular care.
This doesn’t mean that taking care of clogged pores on face and nose is a chore. There are many ways you can get clear, unblemished skin. But instead of investing in off-the-shelf products, why don’t you try some of these 6 home remedies for clogged pores?
6 Home Remedies to Clear Clogged Pores
Sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent that helps unclogged your skin.
- Crush two tablespoons of sugar.
- Add water and the juice of half a lemon.
- Smear the paste on skin with clogged pores.
- Massage it gently in a circular motion for about five minutes.
- Wash it off with cool water and moisturise.
- Do this regimen once a week for clear pores.
#2 Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti)
Fuller’s earth, also known as multani mitti, is a natural exfoliating agent that can help clear clogged pores on nose and other pesky areas. Fuller’s earth works in two ways – it draws out the substances that block your pores, and it also absorbs excessive oil, making it an essential ingredient to your beauty regimen.
- Make a paste using one tablespoon each of Fuller’s earth, water, and oatmeal.
- Coat your clean face with this mixture and wash off after 10-15 minutes.
- Don’t forget to apply a mild moisturiser.
- Do this once a week.
Raid your kitchen shelf for some honey and use it to keep your pores clear and unclogged.
- Massage raw honey into your skin and leave it on for 3-5 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Use honey 2-3 times a week for clear skin.
Steaming is the most inexpensive and an effective method to unclog those stubborn pores.
- Keep a covered pot of water to boil.
- While you wait, wash your face with a good cleanser, like Olay Clarity Fresh Cleanser Oily/Combination Skin.
- When the pot starts steaming, remove it from the heat.
- Cover your head with a towel and lean over the pot.
- Steam your face for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat your face dry and apply a toner and mild moisturiser.
- Steam your face two times a week to keep your pores unclogged.
Fresh lemon juice can help clear clogged pores. It can also reduce oiliness and exfoliate the skin.
- Rub your clogged skin with the juice of a lemon and leave it on for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water, and apply moisturiser after you dry the skin.
- Do this 3-4 times a week to see results.
#6 Raw Papaya
Papaya is yet another natural exfoliating agent. It will clear clogged pores and leave you with soft skin.
- Apply the flesh of a peeled raw papaya to the affected part of your face.
- Let the mash stay for 5-10 minutes before washing it off.
- Do this twice a week for best results.
Along with these remedies, drink a lot of water, avoid eating greasy foods and always remove your make-up before going to bed. Clear, unclogged skin is just a few remedies away.